Tuesday, May 5, 2009

True Love- My Son and His TummyMommy


BirthMother's Day-May 9th

In the midst of many life altering experiences, I have had the opportunity to stop and relish in all that is my life. There are so many things to be grateful for and yet there is only one True Love.


My True Love is my son.

And in turn, my True Love comes from his TummyMommy.
Without the grace and courage of Kim, my son, my True Love, would not be part of my life.
He is part of the fabric of me. It cannot be explained in words how much I love him. Putting words to it would limit it; adding boundaries on my feelings that do not exist.

On Saturay, May 9th, I honor and graciously thank his TummyMommy, Kim. It will be Birthmother's Day.
On December 26, 2002, Kim gave birth to my son. She held him, stayed with him in the hospital for four days, took in all of his features, sketched him while he slept, and then on December 29, 2002, she bravely handed him to me. She said "Thank you."

How do you answer? I had no words and hugged her for as long as I could. My True Love was with me and his TummyMommy was going back to her life. Pure love and surrender on her part.
My son is now six years old. He is smart, funny, artistic, and he is my True Love. Life without him, it seems impossible. For that, I am truly grateful.

To all Birthmothers, I am humbled. In their surrender, they completed a family; created the experience of being a Mom.

No comments: