Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Isn't It Funny

Isn't It Funny?

Today, as I watched my son play dinosaurs in our yard, I thought how much he had changed.
And to see his intense concentration in Kindergarten Chess. Yes, Chess...he really gets it too. The sponge of the child's mind is a delight.
He is taller, his face is more mature, and now he sings songs while playing. Tonight as we chatted before bedtime, he started giggling and could not stop, his little face crinkled up with silliness. And yet, as I look over the website and the photo site with his pictures, there is so little change.

On the far left of the photo site is Garrett so small, days old if that, with a small smile. On the far right is Garrett now. He has the same smile, the same eyes and the same nose.

Tonight, as I browse these familiar photos I think, isn't it funny, no matter what is happening in the world today, what is happening in our lives, things are as they are meant to be.
(Top left 2002 and Top right 2008)
In the middle are Kim and Steve at our first meeting after Garrett was born.

Garrett is a beautiful soul. He will always be.



HeartMommy

3 comments:

Lori Lavender Luz said...

What a blessing he is! Kids do seem to grow up right before your eyes.

And your jewelry is beautiful. I love the image that combines the Heart and the Tummy.

Nancy McCullough said...

Hi Lori-
Thanks for the note. My son is so much fun. As we live in these interesting times, I want his world to be better.
Thank you for the compliment on the jewelry. It is something I designed right after Garrett was born and finally it is something that others can enjoy.
One of my goals is to create a line that is more artsy, with silver, beading, leather...as we go. Being patient is not one of my strengths. :)

Heather said...

I know I'm coming late to this post, but that's a cute little guy you've got there. :)